Neil is the Fineberg of Fineberg Ramamoorthy LLP. With a background in chemistry/pre-medical studies and 18+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical space, Neil applies both legal and technical expertise to his patent/trademark/regulatory practice. Opinion work, Notice of Allegation drafting, pleading preparation and generally advising clients on their legal and regulatory prospects all fall within the scope of Neil’s practice.
Neil has appeared before the Federal Court, Federal Court of Appeal, the Supreme Court of Canada (technically anyway) and the Patented Medicines Prices Review Board.
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2003
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 2004
- Registered Canadian Trade-Mark Agent, 2005
- LLB, University of Western Ontario
- B.Sc. (Hons), Chemistry and Human Biology, University of Toronto
- Fellow of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Ontario Bar Association, and the Advocates’ Society
- Member of the IPIC Litigation Committee
- Past Member of the IPIC Anti-Counterfeiting Committee and the IPIC International Trademark Issues Committee
- Member of the editorial board of the Canadian Intellectual Property Review (CIPR)
- Eli Lilly Canada Inc. v. Novopharm Ltd. et al, 2007 FC 596
- Eli Lilly Canada Inc. et al. v. Teva Canada Limited, 2009 FC 1018; 2011 FC 1288
- Eli Lilly Canada Inc. et al. v. Novopharm Limited, 2010 FCA 197
- Eli Lilly Canada Inc. et al. v. Novopharm Ltd., 2012 FCA 232
- Ratiopharm Inc. (Now Teva Canada Limited) v. Attorney General of Canada, 2014 FC 502
- Sandoz Canada Inc. v. AGC, 2014 FC 501
* Practicing through a professional corporation.